Why Design Thinking?
Design Thinking combines diverse fields, such as engineering, public policy, architecture, and economics to solve really complicated problems. It provides a framework that teams use to craft innovative solutions. Design Thinking DC (DT:DC) is an action-oriented community of innovative change makers who come together to share knowledge, experiences and find ways to leverage the substantial benefits of these techniques.
→ Learn more about Design Thinking DC (DT:DC)
What is the Summer of Design?
The team-based design challenge includes:
- Weekly video workshops provided by the University of Virginia Darden School Foundation, curated by Jeanne Liedtka, co-author of Designing for Growth, and professor of Business Administration at the Darden School of Business
- An online community for learning and engagement powered by Darden NovoEd
Design Thinking mentors from DT:DC
- Expert conversations and mentorship with faculty from the George Washington Milken Institute School of Public Health at GW and the George Washington School of Business
- Technology expertise from AIS
- U.S. government mentorship as part of the Road to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- All culminating with Statements of Accomplishment from the University of Virginia Darden School Foundation and XD@GW with the successful completion of this program!
→ Join us for the 2016 Summer of Design Pitch Night & Awards Celebration on Aug. 3rd
Our partners value the techniques and methodologies of design thinking to explore different ways to solve problems. AIS focused on Design Thinking as a way to solve complex challenges for our customers. With design oriented disciplines like User Experience Design that incorporate user research and human-centered design, we build better solutions to our customer’s challenges. We are incredibly proud to sponsor and dedicate technology expertise to the participants of this program.