- Your code is easier to understand, maintain and troubleshoot.
- You are much more productive when you leverage the frameworks’ (WPF, Silverlight, XAML, WinRT) built-in features like Data Binding, Resource Dictionaries, Dependency Properties, Routed Events, Commands, etc.
- You can test your app’s behavior “under-the-skin,” avoiding the pitfalls and cost of testing at the UI level.
- Your ViewModels afford testability. You can have unit test coverage allowing “Test-Driven-Development” and “Automated Regressions.”
- Decoupling the View from the ViewModel in the way enabled by MVVM allows designers and developers to work productively in harmony.
Upon startup, the app retrieves the population counts for each U.S. State and displays those counts in a marker positioned in the geographic middle of each state.