AIS is excited to offer a truly unique opportunity for software engineers interested in building a career in Azure. In partnership with a long-time client, AIS is building a first-of-its-kind Azure Cloud Academy in Carmel, Indiana.
Together we will hire, train and mentor 400 software engineers in Azure over the next two years.
AIS will place Azure architects, mentors and senior staff to lead the Cloud Academy and follow-on customer projects. We’ll then seek software engineers in more junior trainee roles to go through the academy and learn Azure. We’ll also help our client in the sourcing, assessment, interviewing, and selection process for their additional roles.
Why Azure Cloud Academy?
As anyone in the IT marketplace knows, there are simply not enough system and software engineers in the world today for all the work that needs to be done! This is especially true for new technology areas such as public cloud infrastructure like Azure, which has seen unprecedented, accelerated growth over the past few years. AIS built up our Azure staff and practice from the ground up as there just weren’t enough candidates in the job marketplace.
As a result, we already have a great deal of experience sourcing the right candidates, and the managing them through training and hands-on mentoring to build their skills so they can contribute to our world-class project teams. Now, with the Azure Cloud Academy, we’re ready to do that on a much larger scale!
Why Carmel, Indiana?
Another very valuable aspect of this program is the location. Carmel, Indiana is among the fastest-growing communities in the U.S., and for many good reasons. They have an outstanding quality of life and a lower cost of living than the major metropolitan areas. It is home to an excellent K-12 school system combined with outstanding university and college choices nearby.
The city has also received numerous awards, including:
- 2018 – Money Magazine named Carmel #1 Place to Launch a Career
- 2018 – Ranked #1 Best Place to Live in America by NICHE
- 2017 – Ranked #1 City in America by 24/7 Wall Street in survey of ‘most livable’ for USA Today
- 2017 – Ranked Top 2% in the Nation by GoodCall.com for comparative custom home cost, growing home values, affordability, population, educational values and low unemployment, and crime rates
- 2017 – Carmel Ranks as Best Small City in the U.S. to Raise a Family – SmartAsset
- 2017 – Best Cities for Families – Carmel voted #4 best in the nation by Apartment List
- 2017 – Best Place to Live in America by NICHE
- 2017 – Best Town to Raise a Family in Indiana by NICHE