Custom Application Development That Gives You a Competitive Edge
When you need a new software solution for a business problem, you face two choices: buy or build? Buying a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) application is quicker, but only if the product meets most of your needs out-of-the-box. Through custom app development, you can successfully build an app from scratch, or customize almost any off-the-shelf product — so long as you treat it like a custom software project with a professional development approach.
Custom web application development takes a little longer, but it gives you a solution that’s tailor-made for your business. Custom-made software can be both a competitive differentiator and a productivity booster across your organization.
When you decide that you need to build a custom application, or deeply customize an off-the-shelf solution, turn to AIS. Our custom application development services is how we began and is still one of the things we do best.
Why Partner With A Custom Application Development Company?
Companies that decide to build and customize their business applications often realize that they need help, for a number of reasons:
- They lack the in-house resources to build complex application development solutions.
- They lack the in-house resources to maintain legacy applications, some of which are still running on costly technology and blocking their ability to innovate.
- While they’ve embraced agile software development, they aren’t yet fully realizing the benefits.
- They face thorny application integration issues.
Why Turn to AIS for App Development Services?
- AIS can often rewrite legacy applications for modern platforms for less money than it costs to maintain those old applications. We understand both mainframe and modern cloud worlds and can elegantly bridge the two, putting you on new technologies that suit your current needs and prepare you for future business needs and technology trends.
- We can bring agile development principles into full flower in your organization, training your staff on DevOps principles, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), and other modern software development techniques so your software is not only built faster but gets into production quickly.
- As a Managed Services Provider, AIS knows first-hand how important long-term application operations and maintenance is and will ensure that your application is transitioned to your team or your chosen Managed Service Provider.
- AIS takes a budget-driven approach to create solutions that build on cloud PaaS services, SaaS products such as Microsoft 365, and other commercial building blocks to reduce development costs.
Our App Development Engagement Model
AIS will collaborate with you to produce an initial estimate and timeline, define teams and roles, and establish an agile custom app development process that meets your needs.
Personal envisioning session
Custom application development with AIS will most likely begin with an envisioning engagement. This short 3 to 4-week engagement is designed to reduce risk by thoroughly identifying needs. AIS takes the time to understand your business processes, problems, and constraints before writing a single line of code. We’ll then create a detailed app development proposal that outlines the solution architecture, timeline, and budget.